My approach to therapy…
I work in a personal manner, framed within PCA theory (Person-Centered Approach), which belongs to the field of humanitarian psychotherapy. Originally this approach was known as a non-directive therapy and its author is Carl R. Rogers. It works on an assumption that each human being is born with an actualizing tendency – an innate and natural capability to steer one’s own life towards a positive growth, progress and the fulfillment of potential.
In the course of life it is sometimes very difficult to realize such capabilities let alone apply them. In psychotherapy it is possible to rediscover them. Most of the psychoterapy is based on creating an atmosphere of empathic relationship based on trust and respect, which openes up a space for deeper, safe and longlasting resolution of current problems. Appart form the trust and respect such relationship is also rooted in understanding, congruence and unconditional acceptance. Such conditions enable clients to gradually change his perception of his own persona, his relationships and even the world in a way that leads to improvement of quality of life, lowering anxiety and stress, increase in contentment and other positive life changes and transformations.
… and how the sessions work
- The beginning of therapy – gives us a chance to get to know each other, since this approach is based on reciprocal relations we find out whether we can work together. We assess your expectations and needs. For counselling sometimes two sessions are sufficient, however for therapy purposes minimum of five is recommende. Frequency is once or twice a week. Sessions can be 50 or 75 minutes long. Everything depends on individual needs and arrangements.
- Therapeutic session – we engage in a dialog concerning your main issues, connections and even deeper meanings.
- Therapeutic relationship – is not just an ordinary conversation. Sometimes establishing therapeutic and trusting relationship takes few sessions but is essengtial to be able to open up deeply personal issues. It is neither based on friendship, nor is it a personal partnership.
- Ending therapy – the length of the therapy is individual, influenced by many different factors such as
the nature of your issues, your time and financial capability. It is therefore encouraged to openly talk about it so as to avoid ending therapy prematurely.
I was born in Central Bohemia near Beroun. After completing my gymnasium education I relocated to Great Britain where I settled for the next 16 years. Studies followed at Manchester University (BSc in Psychology in 2006) and at Liverpool University (MA level PCA Psychology counseling and Psychotherapy in 2008). Between 2011 and 2016 I underwent complex psychotherapy training at PCA Institute in Prague. in 2011 I passed International Cambridge CPA English exams at highest level C2.
Since 2011 I live peramanently back in the Czech Republic in 2011. I have a family, with children of my own and also step.
My interests are traditional chinese medicine (TCM), acupuncture and phytotherapy. I love working intuitivly with a holistic perception of a human being as a part of higher Universe. I trust in human goodness and I am satisfied when I can be of help to others.
Furhter professional specialized and specific training and education
- 2008 Psychotherapeutic training course within the postgraduate PCA studies in Liverpool
- 2011-2016 Psychotherapeutic training course with the PCA Institut Praha
- 2019-2021 Psychotherapy play for kids
- therapy group supervision
- Psychometric tools for work with children and young/ adults
- psychological diagnostics for further professional needs
- diagnostics of intelectual potential, talented or gifted children, issues with concentration and attention, school preparedness for preschool children
- 2006-2010 psychological counseling for family and children (Manchester)
- 2015-2019 school psychologist within the state education system
- 2013-now privat psychological counseling and psychotherapy
- 2019-now psychological counseling and diagnostics for children and young adults in state Pedagogy and Psychology advisory center
Contact and prices…
If you would like to consult whether undergoing therapy with me would be the right choice for you then please contact me via email email@example.com or through the contact form on this website. Briefly explain the nature of your problem and add your telephone number so that I can contact you back.
- 1000 Kč per one 50 minute session or 1500 Kč per 75 minutes
- I work in personal contact at the address
Pod Kaplankou 438/3, Beroun-Město, 266 01.